Wednesday 14 December 2016

Enyeama: I Was Kicked Out Of The Eagles, Supports Falcons

Former Super Eagles shot-stopper Vincent Enyeama has revealed in an emotional tweet that he was kicked out of the Nigeria national team and in the same breathe pledged his support for the Super Falcons who are currently protesting for unpaid wages.


The Nigeria female national team is the most successful in Africa and confirmed their dominance when they beat all-comers to win the 2016 African Women Championship in Cameroon for a record eighth time.  

But their Cameroonian counter-part whom they beat in the final were handed a glamourous presidential reception by Paul Biya and showered with gifts and money while the Super Falcons are yet to be paid and are abandoned in an hotel in Abuja like the homeless.
Commenting on an emotional post by Super Falcons forward, Desire Oparanozie, Enyeama tweeted: “So sad. I wish it never got to this.”

The ex-Super Eagles goalkeeper used the opportunity to slam the football authority for pushing him out of the national team but later deleted the tweet. 
“Nothing beats taking care of our heroes. I was kicked out of the national team and labeled a rebel leader for speaking out.”

Recall that Enyeama fell out with former Super Eagles manager Sunday Oliseh in October 2015 and was kicked out of the team’s hotel ahead of the friendly games with Congo DR and Cameroon.

The 34-year-old later in the same month announced his retirement from the national team with a goodbye letter on his instagram page.

The Lille goalkeeper wrote: “I have fought a good fight for more than 13years.I have finished my course, I have kept the faith and sang the anthem with passion. Henceforth, there is laid for me a crown which only GOD can reward me for my 13years of national services. God bless Nigeria.
“Henceforth, I am no more the captain of the NIgerian senior football team, I am no more the goalie of the team. I am out of the team. I am no more available for international duties.

“I want to say thank you to every Nigerian fan and supporter worldwide. It’s been the most trying period of my life but I know that Nigerians are there for me and God is with me. God bless NIgeria.”

Vincent Enyeama is a super regular for French club Lille and the longest serving Nigerian player with 101 caps - although he never mentioned if he would love a return to the national team, some still believes that he is the best around for the Super Eagles.

No comments:

Post a Comment