Friday 30 September 2016

Wenger Says He Could Take England Job

Arsene Wenger has refused to rule himself out of contention for the England's manager's job, after he was linked to the vacant position, following Sam Allardyce’s sacking.
Speaking on Friday, Wenger said: “My priority is to do well here (at Arsenal). It has always been my club and one day if I am free, why not? For now I am focused on the job.”

Frenchman’s contract at Arsenal expires at the end of the season, although the club are believed to be making plans to extend the deal.
The Arsenal boss is celebrating his 20th year in charge of the Gunners and chairman Sir Chips Keswick made a presentation of a crystal vase to Wenger before his weekly press conference, a gesture that he cherished.
He said: “It's a great honour, 20 years. It shows total commitment from the club and faith in me through good times and less good times, it is a great privilege especially in my job to last such a long time. It is a great honour.
“Certainly my resilience and passion and certainly the faith of the board to keep by me, to stand by me.
“This club is brave and that's one of the values of the club that we have shown through the years. It is always the quality that came out through good and bad moments. We always fight together.
“At the moment, in recent games, we have combined style and efficiency. We want to continue that. We want to give pleasure to fans.”

No comments:

Post a Comment