Wednesday 28 September 2016

Allardyce Admits His Career May Be Over After 'Silly Errors'

Sam Allardyce
Disgraced former England manager Sam Allardyce has suggested the England job may be his last after he stepped down from his role on Tuesday.
The 61-year old left his position as the England manager on Tuesday after videos emerged of him speaking to undercover reporters who posed as Asian businessmen in a bid to use his position to earn extra cash on the side, as well as giving advice on how to go around the FA transfer rules and making disparaging comments about his employers and his predecessor.

Asked if the England job could have been his last in football, he said: “Who knows? We'll wait and see.”
The former West Ham manager also admitted what he did was ‘silly’, and an ‘error of judgment’, as he also revealed he is taking a break to chill and relax.
“On reflection it was a silly thing to do, but just to let everybody know I helped out somebody I've known for 30 years,” he told Sky Sports News.
 “Unfortunately it was an error of judgement on my behalf and I've paid the consequences. Entrapment has won on this occasion and I have to accept that.
“The agreement was done very amicably with the FA, I apologise to all those in this unfortunate situation I've put myself in.
“I have a confidentiality agreement and I've taken the time to talk on this matter. I can't answer any more questions now and I'm going to go away and reflect on it.'
“I'm off abroad to chill out and reflect and I'd like to wish all the England lads, Gareth and the staff all the very best,” Allardyce added.

No comments:

Post a Comment